England and Prussia found the joint diocese in Jerusalem, Michael Salomon Alexander was appointed the first bishop. The first forms of German-speaking evangelical church work emerge.
Samuel Gobat is appointed the new bishop in Jerusalem and receives his seat at the "Christ Church", inaugurated in 1849. By 1872, Gobat had founded 25 schools across the country, attended by around 1,000 students.
Official recognition of the Protestants in the Ottoman Empire.
The first Kaiserswerther deaconesses are sent to Jerusalem. Talitha Kumi School founded.
Foundation of the Jerusalem Association in Berlin. The first German pastor is sent to Jerusalem.
Foundation of the Syrian Orphanage by Johann Ludwig Schneller.
The area on Muristan in the old town of Jerusalem is transferred to Prussia through the engagement of Crown Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia.
Completion of the restoration of the “Crusader Chapel” in the cloister of today's provosty. Since the Order of St. John had a pilgrim and hospital hospice on the Muristan site from 1064 to 1187, the chapel is now called the "St. John's Chapel".
Joseph Barclay is appointed third bishop of the Anglo-Prussian bishopric.
Dissolution of the Anglo-Prussian bishopric. The Anglican congregation and the German congregation continue to develop separately. To this day, there is an Anglican bishopric in Jerusalem. The German shares in the former common diocese flow into the newly founded “Evangelische Jerusalemstiftung”, which from then on endeavors to create the Church of the Redeemer and the provosty.
Foundation stone laid for the Church of the Redeemer on Muristan.
Inauguration of the Church of the Redeemer by Emperor Wilhelm II and his wife Auguste Victoria. The pastor at the Church of the Redeemer receives the title "Provost" as the spiritual head of the German-speaking Evangelical institutions in the Holy Land.
Division of the German Protestant congregation Jerusalem into the parish districts "City" and "Syrian Orphanage". Foundation of the German Evangelical Institute for Ancient Studies of the Holy Land (DEI). Gustaf Dalman, then Professor of Old Testament and Judaism at the University of Leipzig, is appointed as the first director, who arrives in Jerusalem on November 12, 1902.
Moving into the rectory (Old Propstei) in the New City of Jerusalem.
Laying the foundation stone of the Muristan hospice (since 1948: new provost) next to the Church of the Redeemer in the old town.
Foundation stone laid by the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation and the Assumption Church on the Mount of Olives.
Inauguration of the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation and the Assumption Church.
Occupation of Palestine by the British and confiscation of the German institutions. The British use the Auguste Victoria site as the seat of their mandate government.
A major earthquake mainly destroys parts of the buildings on the Auguste Victoria site.
The site on the Mount of Olives is converted from a recreational hospice into a hospital by sisters from Kaiserswerth.
During the Second World War, the German facilities in Palestine were closed and placed under the supervision of the British custodian. The Germans who remained in Palestine were interned in the German colonies of Haifa and Waldheim until 1948. The Auguste Victoria Hospital on the Mount of Olives is converted into a British military hospital.
Dr. Edwin Moll, representing the United Lutheran Churches of America, comes to Palestine to reorganize the Arab Evangelical congregations and take care of the German Evangelical institutions.
Foundation of the State of Israel. The German Protestant institutions are placed under the trusteeship of the Lutheran World Federation founded in 1947. The Auguste Victoria Hospital is now operated by the Red Cross. The former Muristan hospice next to the Church of the Redeemer becomes the center of Evangelical Lutheran work in Jerusalem: here, in the "new provosty", both the provost and the representative of the American Lutherans (and later the Lutheran World Federation) had their after the war Residence and office.
The Church of the Redeemer in the Jordanian eastern part of Jerusalem is reopened, services are celebrated again.
The Auguste Victoria Hospital is reopened by the Lutheran World Federation together with the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) as a hospital for Palestinian refugees and remains under the trusteeship of the Lutheran World Federation to this day. The Talitha Kumi School reopens in Beit Jala.
The German Evangelical institutions located in the Israeli western part of Jerusalem, such as the Syrian Orphanage, the Kaiserswerther Diakonie Hospital, the Old Propstei and the old Talitha Kumi, become the property of the State of Israel within the framework of the German-Israeli “reparation agreement”.
Resumption of work of the German Evangelical Institute for Ancient Studies of the Holy Land with the first course after the Second World War.
The “Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan” (ELCJ) is founded. Formally independent of the German-speaking community, it remained under the spiritual guidance of the provost until 1979.
Official recognition of the ELCJ by the Jordanian state.
Inauguration of the Martin Luther School in Muristan.
Foundation of the "Provst's guest house" in the former Johanniter Eye Hospital in the old town.
Six Day War. East Jerusalem with the old city is conquered by Israel. As a result, the western part of the city is again in the focus of German-speaking Protestant community work: establishing various German-Israeli and Judeo-Christian dialogue relationships.
Excavations under the Church of the Redeemer and extensive renovation of the church.
Establishment of the DEI branch in Amman / Jordan.
Inauguration of the first Arab Lutheran bishop, Daud Haddad. The ELCJ is thus legally completely independent of the German provost.
DEI's Jerusalem Institute moves into its new home on the site of the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation on the Mount of Olives.
Static renovation of the Assumption Church. The earthquake damage from 1927 is removed and the works of art restored to their original condition. Foundation of the Evangelical Pilgrim and Encounter Center. As a result, in addition to the Lutheran World Federation, the Evangelical Church in Germany is again present with an independent work on the site of the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation on the Mount of Olives.
Renovation of the Muristan chapel and the cloister at the Church of the Redeemer.
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the inauguration of the Evangelical Church of the Redeemer in Jerusalem.
Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the DEI.
Contract between the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation, the EKD and the Lutheran World Federation for the fiduciary administration of the properties on the Mount of Olives.
The institute facilities of the DEI in Jerusalem and Amman are merging again to form an institute, which "will also become a research center of the German Archaeological Institute".
Signing of a partnership agreement between the EKD and the ELCJHL.
"Evangelical in Jerusalem - The German Protestant Institutions in the Holy Land" is established: Close links in terms of personnel and content between the Evangelical Jerusalem Foundation (EJSt), Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation (KAVSt), German Evangelical Institute for Ancient Studies of the Holy Land (DEI) , Evangelical Congregation of the German Language in Jerusalem (EGDS) and “Study in Israel”.
Restoration of the historical ballroom of the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation ("Kaisersaal").
Celebrate the centenary of the inauguration of the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation.
The historic altar of the Syrian Orphanage from 1910 is being moved to the Assumption Church of the Empress Auguste Victoria Foundation on the Mount of Olives to mark the 150th anniversary of Schneller's institutions in the Middle East.
Inauguration of the new building of an additional floor on the "Lutheran guest house / guest house of the provost"
Rediscovery of parts of the historical school library of the former “Syrian Orphanage” in Jerusalem and transfer to the Theodor Schneller School in Jordan.
Opening of Café Kreuzgang
Renovation of the Church of the Redeemer and Kreuzgang